Friday, August 13, 2010

4 more days

Have you ever had the experience of getting ready for a huge performance in front of people or maybe a big tournament? Something that you may have prepared for mentally (and maybe physically?) and finally that day is approaching? That is how I am feeling about this road trip...almost 9 months of planning...and its finally here. I feel prepared and ready to go but still a little anxious about leaving! I know that we will be okay though. We have plenty of money...we bought everything need...car just had a maintenance check...and we have a rough outline of what we will be doing! So we're finally ready.

So far this is what we have:

Power converter for the car
2 coolers for food
backpacking stove
tent-air mattress-sleeping bags-etc
boxes of food (mac and cheese, soup, cereal, granola bars, ravoli, ramen noodles, diet pop, arnold palmer mixes,etc)
camera
matt's car charger for phone
national parks pass
baseball tickets
laptop
gps
travel toiletries

now I have to pack clothes. Have no clue what to pack yet. I am starting to say my goodbyes...to my parents and best friends and co-workers. I get really sappy when i have to say goodbye to people I care about. The other day Matt and I were looking at pictures of canyon beach in Oregon and these pictures gave me chills...I can't wait to see such a gorgeous place in person!

http://jimdusengallery.tripod.com/Canyon_Beach_Oregon.jpg

take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment